25.Huhtikuu 2014, 10:35 *
Tervetuloa, Vieras. Ole hyvä ja kirjaudu tai rekisteröidy.

Kirjaudu käyttäjätunnuksen, salasanan ja istunnonpituuden mukaan
Uutiset: Tämä on vanha keskustelualue, jonka käyttö lopetettiin 27.9.2013.
Kaikki vanhat viestit säilytettiin arkistossa, kun uusi keskustelualue otettiin käyttöön.

Uudelle keskustelualueelle pääset osoitteella:
http://www.risingshadow.fi/forum

Sivuja: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Siirry alas
  Tulostusversio  
Kirjoittaja Aihe: Scott Lynch  (Luettu 29595 kertaa)
Freyja
Teknovelho

Poissa Poissa
Sukupuoli: nainen
Asuinpaikka: Rovaniemi
« Vastaus #160 : 13.Tammikuu 2012, 16:48 »

Gollanczin blogissa on päivitys The Republic of Thievesin tilanteesta:
Lainaus
Well, the months have rolled around faster than anyone could quite credit and we find ourselves in 2012 and still without that final confirmed delivery of the completed draft of Scott Lynch’s The Republic of Thieves. Sadly those who expressed their doubts have been proved right and we’re now forced to move the likely date for Scott’s publication into the Autumn of this year.

Scott is still facing up to his issues and we’re still having to face up to the wait for his book. I know which I’d rather be dealing with.
tallennettu

Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
Sukupuoli: mies
Asuinpaikka: Joensuu
« Vastaus #161 : 23.Tammikuu 2012, 21:40 »

Lynch kirjoitti ensimmäisen blogimerkinnän sitten lokakuun. Pari lainausta:

Lainaus
It's been an awful couple of months for anxiety and depression. They've clamped down tight on my ability to interact online and to keep up with basic human functionality.
Lainaus
Also, my site is temporarily in the grip of a mysterious placeholder. I wish I could say more about a couple of neat things, and soon enough I will be able to.

Osoitteesta
http://www.scottlynch.us/

löytyvän tekstin perusteella voisi päätellä, että Herrasmiesroistojen seuraava kirja on luvassa tänä vuonna.

EDIT: Stomping on Yeti -blogi raportoi äskeisestä kirjailijatapahtumasta. Kommenteissa sanotaan:
Lainaus
and YES, there was word of Republic of Thieves. This year for sure, possibly June. We get to meet Sabetha, and get to see the Sanza twins again.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 24.Tammikuu 2012, 02:08 kirjoittanut Jussi » tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #162 : 25.Tammikuu 2012, 00:26 »

The Republic of Thievesin tilanne alkaa vaikuttaa lupaavalta. Lainattu toisesta tuoreesta coniraportista:

Lainaus
Scott did a reading from Republic of Thieves. it WILL be hitting bookstore shelves this year, possibly in June. He is contracted for 5 books, and if the publishers decide they like him, he will get 2 more books (trust me, they like him). Book 3 is where things start to ramp up, with the series moving towards some type of large war.

I can’t give you any RoT spoilers, because he didn’t. He described RoT as being the “awkward teenage years” of the Gentlemen Bastards.

Syntymäpäiväni on heinäkuun lopulla, olisi hienoa jos kirja ilmestyisi ennen sitä. Viime vuonna sain lahjaksi Martinin A Dance with Dragonsin...
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #163 : 01.Helmikuu 2012, 12:15 »

Uusi Tales of the Far West -antologia sisältää Lynchin novellin "He Built The Wall To Knock It Down". Tarinasta voi lukea näytteen täältä.

Far Westin fantasiamaailmaa kuvaillaan näin:
Lainaus
Imagine: A fantasy world, but not one based on Medieval/Dark Ages European culture and myth, but rather on the tropes of the Spaghetti Western and Chinese Wuxia. Add steampunk elements. Mix well.
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #164 : 05.Maaliskuu 2012, 13:04 »

Lynch julkaisi lauantaina kiinnostavan blogikirjoituksen Herrasmiesroistot-sarjan syntyhistoriasta. Artikkelille on luvassa jatkoa.

Toisessa livejournal-merkinnässään kirjailija sanoo:

Lainaus
Also, when I have accurate information about Republic to give out, I will give it out. It will blaze in every form of social media I use. My publishers will print publicity notices and shoot them directly into your brains with arrows. It will be the new high point in my ongoing fight against the most unexpectedly crippling and humiliating thing that has ever happened to me.
Lainaus
You will not miss it when it happens. This is really the last I'd like to say about it until it's time to say something useful.
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #165 : 18.Maaliskuu 2012, 11:59 »

Artikkelille on luvassa jatkoa.

Toinen ja kolmas osa. Kirjoituksista löytyy TRoT-viittauksia:

Lainaus
One discarded opening for Lies was set aside and eventually became a chapter in The Republic of Thieves called "The Undrowned Girl."
Lainaus
The character of Jasmer Moncraine, the dodgy Syresti impresario in The Republic of Thieves, is pretty explicitly based on Andre Braugher, one of my favorite actors of all time.

Edit: Lynchin brittkustantajan uuden katalogin mukaan TRoT ilmestyy lokakuussa.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 18.Maaliskuu 2012, 23:02 kirjoittanut Jussi » tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #166 : 29.Maaliskuu 2012, 13:51 »

Tuoreessa podcast-haastattelussa Lynchilta kysytään Republic of Thievesistä. Kirjailijan mukaan virallinen ilmestymispäivä selviää hyvin pian. Ongelmana on romaanin paha myöhästyminen - sille on ollut vaikea löytää vapaata paikkaa kustantamojen julkaisuohjelmasta.

Livejournalissa Lynch sanoo:

Lainaus
Only in the most extreme circumstances would I consider that sort of thing, for a work that I considered fundamentally damaged or published contrary to my vision. "In the Stacks," for example, will be given a revision and an expansion, due to the fact that it was composed during the very darkest days of my untreated depression. As lovely as the response to it has been, I think it deserves better than I was able to give it (and meant to give it).

Minä pidin kovasti tästä novellista, enkä huomannut mitään puutteita lukiessa.
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #167 : 13.Huhtikuu 2012, 01:29 »

Lynch vastaili Redditissä lukijoiden kysymyksiin. Tämä kiinnitti huomioni:
Lainaus
there is one major non-Bastards work coming down the pipe sooner rather than later. I'm contracted for it, actually, and can't talk about it yet. It has the startlingly original title "Untitled," however.

Lynchiltä kysyttiin, aikooko hän kirjoittaa Herrasmiesroistojen maailmaan sijoittuvia teoksia, joissa ei esiinny Locke Lamoraa. Vastaus:
Lainaus
A guarded yes to your first question. I am specifically thinking of delving a bit into the pasts of Zamira Drakasha and Angiavesta Vorchenza, Countess Amberglass. Or perhaps some sort of triptych of pieces about the women of the sequence, including Sabetha. Also not sure just how much I want to reveal about Father Chains. Time will tell.

Tuleeko sarjaan pääjuoni:
Lainaus
Yes, I am absolutely transitioning to a much more obvious story arc that erupts from the end of THE REPUBLIC OF THIEVES, but I am going to continue to ensure that each novel is a self-contained story within that larger arc. I am -sort of- pondering a cliffhanger for book VI but I'm not sure I'll use it; I'll see when I get there.

Kauan sitten luvatuista Herrasmiesroistot-pienoisromaaneista:
Lainaus
Yes, the novellas have enjoyed the same delightful schedule befuckery as the main sequence novels on account of my vacation in depression-and-divorce land, but they will come. Not Subterranean Press' fault, even remotely. All mine.

Noudattaako sarjan juoni yhä alkuperäistä suunnitelmaa:
Lainaus
My overarching plans for the series have changed in only one major particular since 2004. One certain character did something at the end of THE REPUBLIC OF THIEVES that demanded he be given more page space than I had originally planned. In all other major respects, the ship is on its original course.

Lynch aikoo julkaista In the Stacksin päivitetyn/laajennetun version sähkökirjana:
Lainaus
Yes, I can absolutely confirm that I will be refinining "In the Stacks," expanding it by about 5k words or so
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #168 : 19.Huhtikuu 2012, 13:51 »

Lynchin brittikustantajan tietokannassa The Republic of Thieves on merkitty ilmestyväksi lokakuussa. Mutta tämä ei välttämättä todista mitään, sillä teos on aiemminkin löytynyt Orionin sivustolta (ja kadonnut nopeasti). Kirjailija lupasi ilmoittaa heti, kun TRoT saa virallisen julkaisuajan.
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #169 : 01.Toukokuu 2012, 18:07 »

Lynch luki tapahtumassa ääneen ensimmäisen luvun pienoisromaanista The Mad Baron’s Mechanical Attic. Fantasy Faction raportoi asiasta, näytteen voi kuunnella kahtena videona.

Lainaus
We ended up right in front for the reading. Mr. Lynch read chapter one from his soon to be completed novella “The Mad Baron’s Mechanical Attic,” which he said is a prequel of sorts to The Lies of Locke Lamora. It tells the tale of how the Gentlemen Bastards acquired a certain cask of liquor, which ends up being rather important in The Lies of Locke Lamora.
Lainaus
“The Mad Baron’s Mechanical Attic” will be published by Subterranean Press.
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #170 : 19.Toukokuu 2012, 19:37 »

Lainattu kirjailijan uudesta blogimerkinnästä:

Lainaus
I wish I could tell you a Very Neat Thing. Actually, I have three specific Very Neat Things I am kinda dying to announce. One is good to spill the beans on, one is nearly so, and one is still under publicity embargo. I'd kinda like to be able to spill more than one simultaneously, though, so let's hope I get some directions this coming week.

Hints? You want hints? You have me confused with GRRM.

I wish my bank account had me confused with GRRM.

Ehkä saamme vihdoinkin The Republic of Thievesin ilmestymispäivän...
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #171 : 24.Heinäkuu 2012, 14:04 »

Lynchin tuoreen Twitter-viestin perusteella TRoT:n muokkaaminen jatkuu:

Lainaus
Ha HA. Editing while tipsy does nothing to affect my concentration. Except now Locke has mechanized power armor. Continuity is for sissies.

Voi olla, että kirjailija puhuukin pienoisromaanista The Mad Baron’s Mechanical Attic.

Vieläkään ei ole tullut virallista ilmoitusta Varkaiden tasavallan julkaisuajasta. Lynchin kotisivujen mukaan teos ilmestyy tänä vuonna, ja kustantajan tietokanta tarjoaa yhä lokakuuta.
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #172 : 03.Elokuu 2012, 10:45 »

Lynch perusti uuden blogin ja antoi päivityksen Republic of Thievesistä:

Lainaus
Q: What the hell is going on with The Republic of Thieves?

A:
My current necessary edit to TRoT has been shot all to hell by that lovely anxiety I’ve mentioned. I haven’t talked much about it because I hate talking about it. I can be usefully open about my depression in a way I can’t about my anxiety attacks. Sorry. Suffice to say: They are the reason we can’t have nice things. I have a very good feeling at the moment, however, because I know something you do not. When I can say more, I will not be shy.

Q: What’s with the official TRoT release date switching all the time?

A:
Because my publishers can’t yet reliably (my fault, not theirs) give retailers a true date, and retailers nonetheless want to keep the book as a forthcoming item in their catalogs, many weird things happen. Nobody is deliberately fucking with you. Least of all me or my publishers. It’s not personal. I have said, several times, not to take any date as valid until you see me posting it online myself. I have just said it again.
http://scottlynch.us/blog/2012/08/03/lynch-industries/
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #173 : 27.Elokuu 2012, 16:58 »

Osa verkkokirjakaupoista on vaihtanut TRoT:n brittiversion julkaisupäiväksi 18. heinäkuuta 2013, esimerkiksi Waterstones ja Saksan Amazon. Lokakuinen ilmestyminen tuntuukin epärealistiselta, sillä ilmoitusta romaanin valmistumisesta ei ole annettu.

Lynch lupasi kirjoittaa tarinan “Locke and Jean vs. the Loch Ness Monster in Space”, jos hän saa 2000 dollaria lahjoituksena Emma Bullin ja Steven Brustin sairaalamaksuja varten:
Lainaus
Several weeks ago, I jokingly tweeted about writing a short story called “Locke and Jean vs. the Loch Ness Monster in Space.” Hit two grand and, by god, I’ll actually write it. The crazy thing is, I have an idea. It would not be a parody. And it would take me at least a month (TRoT first!). But it could be done.

Rahaa tuli vaadittu määrä.
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #174 : 01.Syyskuu 2012, 21:11 »

Huomasin, että Fantasy-Factionin foorumin ylläpitäjä kirjoitti kuukausi sitten:

Lainaus
I spoke to Scott today in fact and the book is certainly NOT out until 2013 I'm afraid. Same personal issues with Scott that he has spoke about. His recovery is going well though, which I'm sure you'll all agree is good news

Viestin mukaan Lynch olisi siis vahvistanut, että Republic of Thieves ei ilmesty tänä vuonna.
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #175 : 17.Joulukuu 2012, 17:39 »

Lynchin brittikustajan pdf-muotoisesta esitteestä löytyy tietoa TRoT:n tilanteesta. Kirjan julkaisuajaksi on merkitty ensi heinäkuu, ja käsikirjoituksen toimitusajaksi tammikuu. Tämä tarkoittanee sitä, että Lynchin täytyy saada romaani valmiiksi tammikuuhun mennessä, jotta heinäkuinen ilmestymispäivä on mahdollinen.

Lainaus
The Republic of Thieves (July 2013)
Ms due January 2013

edit: Patrick Rothfussin blogimerkintä marraskuun lopulta tukee edellä kirjoittamaani. Worldbuilders-hyväntekeväisyyskampanjassa oli mahdollista voittaa Lynch lukemaan/arvioimaan oman romaanin aloitus.
Lainaus
Scott will provide a detailed overall response to the piece and cover specific topics such as plot, character, dialogue, theme, and other aspects of narrative craft. Line and copy editing will be strictly at his option. This critique cannot begin before January, 2013 and will probably require six weeks from receipt of manuscript.

Lihavoimani kohdan perusteella Lynch voi aloittaa työn vasta tammikuussa. Toivottavasti syynä on se, että hän keskittyy nyt Republic of Thievesin viimeistelyyn ennen deadlinea. Mies ei ole kirjoittanut yhtään blogimerkintää sitten syyskuun puolivälin, mutta on ollut varsin aktiivinen Twitterissä.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 18.Joulukuu 2012, 17:01 kirjoittanut Jussi » tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #176 : 12.Tammikuu 2013, 13:53 »

Uutta Lynchiä pääsee lukemaan muutaman kuukauden päästä. Toukokuun lopulla ilmestyvä fantasia-antologia Fearsome Journeys sisältää häneltä novellin The Effigy Engine. Kirjailija vahvisti asian Twitterissä.
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #177 : 13.Helmikuu 2013, 00:43 »

Tammikuu meni eikä Varkaiden tasavallan valmistumisesta saatu ilmoitusta. Gollancz-kustantamon edustaja vastasi viime viikolla Twitterissä asiasta kysyneelle:

Lainaus
It is not. Sorry. When the book is finally delivered we will announce a confirmed date.

Lynchin twiittien perusteella kirjan muokkaaminen on yhä käynnissä. Hän kiusoitteli äskettäin TRoT:n ruoka-aiheisesta sisällöstä:

Lainaus
There is a lot of new food, and coffee, and at least one very elaborate dinner for two.

edit: Lynch antoi eilen päivityksen Fantasy Factionin foorumilla ketjussa "What Fantasy Books Haven't you Finished?":

Lainaus
The Republic of Thieves.

(I am so sorry. I simply couldn't resist. In the immortal words of my grandfather: "If you can't laugh at yourself, you're an asshole.")

Cheers,

SL

P.S. It ain't the finishing that's the issue, it's the editing and the miserable damned anxiety attacks.

P.P.S. I'm working on both as you read this.

P.P.P.S. None of this is the fault of my editors or publishers. They have been patient and steadfastly helpful during a long difficult period of my life.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 20.Helmikuu 2013, 13:57 kirjoittanut Jussi » tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #178 : 07.Maaliskuu 2013, 11:36 »

Lynch päivitti virallista sivustoaan ensimmäisen kerran sitten viime syyskuun:

http://www.scottlynch.us/

Etusivulta on (ymmärrettävästi) poistettu merkintä siitä, että Herrasmiesroistot palaavat vuonna 2012. Sen sijaan novellista The Effigy Engine löytyy lyhyt juonikuvaus. Kirjailija osallistuu tänä vuonna useisiin tapahtumiin, esimerkiksi loka-marraskuun vaihteessa World Fantasy Conventioniin Englannissa:

http://www.scottlynch.us/news.html

Lynch on viime aikoina puhunut jatkuvasti Twitterissä editoinnista. Tässä esimerkki:

Lainaus
Reluctantly edited out scene where Locke and Jean perform duet of "Defying Gravity" from WICKED. Possible suspension of disbelief issues.
Lainaus
Neither of them has a singing voice in the suitable range.
tallennettu
Jussi
Velhoruhtinas

Poissa Poissa
« Vastaus #179 : 14.Maaliskuu 2013, 15:04 »

The Republic of Thieves sai virallisen julkaisuajan: 8. lokakuuta Yhdysvalloissa ja 10. lokakuuta Isossa-Britanniassa!  Hymyilee leveästi Lynch on lähettänyt valmiin käsikirjoituksen kustantajille.

Lainaus
Scott has now delivered the final manuscript and we are able to confirm publication date.

Lainaus
Simon Spanton, Deputy Publishing Director at Gollancz, said ‘Some of you will know about the real difficulties that gathered around this novel for Scott. I’d just like to take this opportunity to thank Scott for sticking with it. I know that he was always painfully aware of the delays and what those meant both for his publishers and his fans. So I’d also like to thank Scott’s readers for their patience and for the immense support and the profound goodwill towards Scott that they have shown during this time. It’s been a long wait but I have every faith that their patience will now be rewarded with The Republic of Thieves.’

edit: Fantasy-Factionin mukaan Lynch toimitti kirjan lopullisen version viime viikolla.

edit 2: Lynchin lausunnon TRoT:n valmistumisesta näkee täällä.

Lainaus
The version of THE REPUBLIC OF THIEVES you’ll get is a tighter, more carefully considered, and (or so I flatter myself) more mature version than anything I might have handed in before.
Lainaus
And now it’s some other writer’s turn to wear the Crown of Lateness. I have already started work on the fourth Gentleman Bastard book, THE THORN OF EMBERLAIN.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 14.Maaliskuu 2013, 18:07 kirjoittanut Jussi » tallennettu
Sivuja: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Siirry ylös
  Tulostusversio  

Siirry:  

Risingshadow