Muokannut 26.10.2018 09:30 Thialfi Syy: Lainaus mukaan
Tykännyt: TP

• Jussi hahmo
  • Jussi
    Arkkivelho
    Tasolla 61

23.05.2019 17:46 #82 :: Jussi
Scott Lynch
Uskomatonta! Lynch on saanut The Thorn of Emberlainin käsikirjoituksen valmiiksi! Odotan tätä kirjaa melkein yhtä paljon kuin The Winds of Winteriä tai The Doors of Stonea.

IMPORTANT NOTE. Please read. *Ahem.*

Yes, I have completed a draft of THORN which will now go to my editors for consideration and planning. This is not a formal announcement of a release date. There will not be such an announcement for a while yet. Please stay tuned!

Tykännyt: Wanda

• Jussi hahmo
  • Jussi
    Arkkivelho
    Tasolla 61

28.07.2021 00:41 #83 :: Jussi
Scott Lynch
Tuon edellisen viestin jälkeen The Thorn of Emberlainista ei kuultu mitään yli kahteen vuoteen. Mutta eilen Lynch antoi julkisen päivityksen We're Gonna Do Drugs, Folks, jossa hän kertoo avoimesti terveydentilastaan. Miehellä on valmiina yksi romaani (luultavasti TToE), pienoisromaani, pitkänovelli ja seitsemän novellia, mutta näiden julkaisu ei ole onnistunut ahdistuneisuushäiriön takia. Nyt Lynch on aloittanut lääkityksen. Pari lainausta:

I don’t have much experience of writer’s block. Other than the need for an occasional break and some reasonable interludes of fallow brain time, I’ve never had sustained trouble with composition, even when wracked with anxiety and depression. Despite my generally fragile mental state during the pandemic, I have remained more or less steadily productive, writing and editing thousands of words on a weekly basis. Words which I have been completely unable to show anyone, thanks to the crushing goddamn chest-filling pressure-out-to-my fingertips sensations that herald another anxiety attack

The plain fact is, my career as a writer is in danger at the moment, and the danger grows with every month I don’t get this under some measure of control, because while my existing books continue to perform very well there is a difference between being a working writer and a person who used to write, and there is only so much my patient editors and publishers and readers can be asked to wait for without clear answers. There is very little practical value in being a writer who falls over heaving and gasping every time he attempts to show people what he’s made.

Valvojat: RinjaEmelie